Bradgate Park is open to visitors from 7.45am until dusk on every day of the year. The Car Parks are closed at dusk and all vehicles must be removed by then.
Three car parks are available for use by visitors. They are located at the main entrance points to Bradgate Park
- Newtown Linford (entrance within the village, off Bradgate Road - alongside the Church). This is the Main entrance and leads to most picturesque areas of Park (Use Post Code LE6 OHB for SatNav)
- Hallgates (Cropston) (off Roecliffe Road). Nearest car park to Deer Barn Tea Room & Visitor Centre. (Use Post Code LE7 7HQ for SatNav)
- Hunts Hill (Old John) (off Sharpley Hill/Warren Hill) and opposite turn into Benscliffe Road). Most convenient for higher areas of Park and Old John Tower. (Use Post Code LE6 OAH for SatNav)
- Toilet facilities for visitors at the Newtown Linford, Hallgates and Hunts Hill car parks and also in the centre of the Park (at the Deer Barn Buildings). Toilets close earlier than the car parks.
Parking charges apply at all car parks.
Pay & Display parking is in operation at all three car parks
Parking for Coaches (large) available at Newtown Linford and Hunts Hill car parks.
Parking Charges (inclusive of VAT):-
|Monday - Friday||Sat/Sun/Bank Holidays|
|Car/Small Van/Motorcycle Upto 3 hours||£2.50||£3.00|
|Car/Small Van/Motorcycle |
|Mini-Coach/Large Van/Mobile Home||£6.00||£6.00|
A fixed penalty ticket policy is in force to ensure effective enforcement of parking charges.
The Bradgate Park Trust is an indpendent charity and the revenue we earn from car park charges is a vital part of
our income. All the money we raise is used for the management, conservation and improvement of Bradgate Park.
A wide range of Season Tickets (valid at all car parks (including Swithland Wood)) are available. They represent excellent value for regular visitors.
Click here to go to the section on Season Tickets, where you can download an application form or telephone the Estate Office 0116 234 1850 to request a form.
Swithland Wood is open to visitors throughout the year during daylight hours. The Car Parks are closed at dusk and all vehicles must be removed by then.
Two car parks are situated at the north and south entrances to the Wood namely:-
- Swithland Wood (south) – (off Roecliffe Road). Wood lies to north of Bradgate Park. (Use Post Code LE12 8TN for SatNav)
- Swithland Wood (north) – (off Swithland Lane). Nearest car park to village of Woodhouse Eaves (Use Post Code LE12 8SS for SatNav).
|Car Parking Charge (inclusive of VAT)||£1.00|
|NO COACHES ALLOWED. Due to difficult access|
|A special season ticket valid for Swithland Wood Car Parks ONLY is available. Details from the Estate Office|
Admission to the Park is free of charge